Pages

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Definition of Love

Love can mean something completely different to you than it does to me. Here's my definition of love:

Love is beautiful, love is pure. It comes from a place of honesty and interest. Once you start questioning yourself and figure out whats important to you, you start realizing where you want to spend your energy and who you want to give your time and energy to. In order for a loving relationship to be maintained, it has to be welcomed with open arms on each end of the stick. But, in order to come from a place of honesty, you have to do some work on yourself first - and learn to love yourself first. Once you love and trust yourself, it becomes a blessing to share a loving relationship with someone else wether its a friend, a colleague, a partner.

Therefore, my definition of love starts with yourself. Since we're all different, thats why my definition of love may mean something completely different to you. Once you learn how to love yourself, you learn how to be a better parter/ parent/ sibling/ friend, etc.

Love isn't set in stone. I believe its very tangible simply because, with time, we become more mature, more experienced.

For instance, when I was 5 years old, I believed love was a given. I believed we automatically loved our parents, our siblings and that, just like magic, they would love us in return. I never really used to work hard for my relationships because I always thought they would always be there, loving me back.

Now that my heart has matured, I believe love is very valuable and only shared with the people you choose to. Its very fragile as it comes from somewhere very pure and honest. But, as fragile as it can be, its also one of the most beautiful sentiment you can share with other individuals. I'm also a bit more careful about whom I choose to open my heart to, I cherish my relationships more and only save the love I choose to share with the individuals I oh so carefully choose.

Love to me, isn't singular. It's always shared in some way or another. Even when you love yourself, you share that love with your soul. Love comes from your heart, not your brain.

Love is deep, love is pure
Love is simple, love is gentle
Just like a raindrop, its exterior is soft 
yet filled with so much emotion
Love is looking someone else in the eyes
and seeing sparkles of light
Love is feeling elevated just by
being in the presence of another individual

Love is never to be taken for granted because even though its powerful, it can also be taken away. The relationships you currently have in your life, if important to you, should never be taken for granted. Don't overprotect. Love isn't something you possess. Because its something you share, always remember there is another individual on the other end. Therefore, love isn't selfish.

Love is wonderful. It's also aligned with respect, an open mind and the will to grow. Learning how to love never ends. Because we always change as human beings, and since its shared with others, others also learn how to love in their own ways. Therefore, love is patient.

Today's mantra: love yourself first, then, open your heart to others whom you choose to let into your heart. You're in the driver seat but the road, when shared with others, becomes beautiful and meaningful.

Love,

Jess xox

No comments:

Post a Comment